35 thoughts on my 35th birthday
- Passion will follow your perseverance and constant improvement.
- You will harm yourself by comparing yourself to others. Your true comparison is your
- Take the difficult route, the one you fear. A fear met is a fear
- Picture yourself on your deathbed: what would your regrets be? Now you may have
the chance to minimise those regrets.
- Where you spend your attention is where you spend your life.
- Master compounding. Small constant progress in your savings,
- You can't please or be liked by everyone.
- Say no if you don't believe in it.
- Lying or acting wrongfully corrupts the mind of its host.
- Change, meaningful change comes from within.
- Always write down your thoughts. Writing clarifies.
- Learn to spend time alone with yourself. There is a lot yourself will
tell you. Don't kill your gut feeling.
- Give away more of your belongings. You need very little to lead a healthy
- Create a gratitude journal. Fill it with few lines of what you are
grateful for on the day. The clean water you drink is not for granted.
- Reduce your cynicism. Assume good intentions from others and attribute to
stupidity and ignorance any bad behaviour.
- Master the basics. A complex structure stands on its
- Read to be informed, to be mentored by the greats out of your reach.
- You have ample time now. Do more of doing and less of postponing.
- Put practice ahead of theory and results ahead of conventional wisdom.
- No one has figured out life. Do not despair, and do not stagnate. Keep
- Take up your cross and go on your path. Do not complain about life's
obstacles. What blocks becomes the way.
- Don't be attached to an identity. You live, learn and evolve.
- Watch your habits and small actions. They add up to define you.
- Awareness should underpin everything we do and are.
- Proving a point is overrated.
- Eyes and mind are deceitful. Do not judge on assumptions. What you judge you
- The hardest endeavour is to understand yourself.
- Don't take shortcuts.
- Learn and practice inversion.
- What you think of yourself is much more to the point than what others think
of you. Be honest with yourself. You are the easiest person to fool.
- Awareness of your sins is your path to salvation and freedom.
- Teach to learn.
- No pain lasts long.
- Prove your words by your deeds.