I'm a tech enthusiast and try to stay current with emerging tech. My job as a Software Engineer (DevOps) allows me to be involved mostly in infrastructure and backend development.
In the last few years, I have taken great interest in Stoicism, mainly through the writings of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius. I find it very practical, action-oriented and a tool in the pursuit of self-mastery, perseverance and wisdom, rather than just being a field of academic inquiry.
I try to meditate and journal every day. I also enjoy listening to podcasts but these days the number of podcasts I am subscribed to is getting a bit out of hand. I enjoy reading mainly books but also blogs. Some of them are here.
- 1985 - made in Eritrea.
- 1991 - went to the Italian school. Graduated 13 years later.
- 2004 - military service.
- 2005 - building surveyor for ~5 years.
- 2010 - moved to the UK and started Uni (University of Westminster - Computer Networks and Communications).
- 2011 - bought a second-hand bicycle and rode around London (I still do but with a newer one.)
- 2012 - a year placement in Blackberry.
- 2014 - graduated and started my first real software engineering job.
- 2018 - got married & moved companies
- 2019 - moved again (current company)
- 2020 - lockdown! Decided to buy a domain and start web development for fun.